Regarding the criteria and procedures for evaluation of scientific journals in accordance with the standards of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Poland as well as Committee on Publication Ethics and index bases, following procedures are used for reviewing:
- there are two independent reviewers outside of the research unit affiliated by the author of the text to assess the article;
- review process is arranged by double-blind system: both the authors’ and reviewers’ identities remain concealed.
- the reviewers are chosen by the Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board due to their respective, actual field of research;
- reviewer signs a declaration of no conflict of interest (the conflict of interest occurs when the reviewer and the author are involved in personal relationship – kinship to the second degree, legal relationships, marriage, relationship of professional subordination or direct scientific cooperation in the past two years preceding the year of preparation the review);
- review shall be in written form containing a clear request for admission or rejection of the publication of the reviewed article;
- peer review process is understood as interaction and advice on the respective text, and text only, between an author and an expert in the field of publication. The review focuses on the substantive value of the text (the level of subject innovativeness, the originality and the completion of the research assumptions, the use of the subject literature and references to the existing state of research, clarity and cohesion of reasoning, and the linguistic quality of the article).
- the reviewers contact only the Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board, they are forbidden to disclose any data on the review, and the editors mediate in interaction between the editor and the author of the paper (double blind peer review, PrePrints type);
- names of the reviewers of each article published in the journal are not disclosed;
- the reviews are not published, and are stored permanently in the archive of the journal.