About the Journal
The purpose and the thematic scope of the Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica
Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica is a journal with a tradition of over 40 years. Folia Iuridica was created in 1980 as a publishing series for scientific journals of the University of Lodz, containing scientific articles in the field of law. The originator of Folia was Professor Jerzy Wróblewski, a legal theorist known and respected in Poland and in the world. Initially, Folia were the place for publishing scientific articles by employees of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Lodz.
As a result of editorial activities to popularise the Journal as part of cooperation both with other units of the University of Lodz and with other Polish universities – as well as with foreign institutions, including research centres in the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Sweden, Great Britain, Italy, and Lithuania) – Folia Iuridica became the carrier of the scientific achievements of many eminent scientists, theorists, and dogmatists of law, not only from Poland, but also from abroad.
The aim of Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica is to publish original and up-to-date research results, create a forum for scientific debate, and disseminate science while respecting the principles of editorial and author ethics. The thematic scope of Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica covers issues falling into the discipline of “legal sciences”. Within it, scientific articles and other forms of general reflection and considerations on law and its institutions are published.
Individual volumes of Folia Iuridica are usually thematic in nature: all or most of the published articles are concentrated around one of – or a group of – related research problems, or research results coming from the use of the same methodology. The published scientific texts include subject matters in the field of jurisprudence or theory of law analysed from the perspective of not only lawyers, but also philosophers, logicians, sociologists, psychologists, and economists. Thus, the Journal assumes an interdisciplinary character and becomes a forum for scientific debate aimed at disseminating science in the spirit of its social responsibility.
Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica has a Facebook profile, where information about individual issues and their contents is posted. Articles which, according to the editors, deserve special attention are also presented and made available. Authors publishing in Folia Iuridica undertake cooperation with the ‘PAP Serwis Samorządowy’ and prepare expert texts on the basis of materials published in print.
Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Iuridica is a quarterly journal. The publication languages are English and Polish. The editors may decide to publish the volume in another language.
Journals scoring by the Ministry of Science and Education: 70 (July 2023).
Open Access Policy
The basic license for publishing articles in the journal is CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Attribution – Non-Commercial Use – No Derivatives). At the author's request it is possible to publish it under the CC-BY (Attribution) license.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Journal is adjusted to the highest publishing standards:
- the articles are assigned a unique Digital Object Identifier (DOI);
- the Journal adheres to the COPE-defined (Committee on Publication Ethics) principles of publication ethics, and it has been a member of COPE since 2018;
- all articles are published online, in compliance with the Open Access policy, free of charge and subscription (the Journal has been available in the Open Access since 2013);
- the editors use the Open Journal System (OJS) as the operating system (the first issue was published in 2017);
- the Journal is part of the PKP Preservation Network (PKP PN), which ensures the electronic backup and security of access to the contents of the Journal; in order to protect digital resources, PKP PN uses the LOCKSS and dark archive software with decentralised and distributed protection, guaranteeing the highest standards of digital data protection;
- the Journal collaborates with Elsevier and Digital Commons in terms of international visibility.