Spring 2022 Call for Papers: Sports and Politics
The 1/2022 volume of the biannual International Studies: Interdisciplinary Political and Cultural Journal will address the complex relationship between politics and sports in international and national contexts. Possible topics can cover but are not limited to:
- sports, national identity and globalisation
- mega-events and international relations
- sports and sustainability
- sports and conflict (regional and global)
- sports and the (non)political
- sports and diplomacy
- international sports organizations as political actors
- athletes' political activism
We invite papers presenting multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research from within political science, international relations, public affairs, communication, social and political geography, cultural studies and mass media studies.
The deadline for submitting article proposals, interviews and reviews is 15 April 2022.
The deadline for articles is 15 June 2022.
For further inquiries, contact Michal.kobierecki[at]uni.lodz.pl
Submissions are welcome via the Open Journal System (OJS).
International Studies is an open-access, double blind-review journal published by the Lodz University Press. There are no publication fees.