About the Journal
Aims and Scope of Journal
International Studies: Interdisciplinary Political and Cultural Journal (IS) is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal devoted to political and cultural studies in the international context. We hope that all scholars specializing in these fields will find our journal a valuable resource, and that it will also have a broader appeal to academics working in such areas as social studies as well as international relations. It is one of the first journals of this kind, not only in Poland but in Central and Eastern Europe, but its scope is not limited to the region; on the contrary, we aim at bringing to our readers the most interesting perspectives and voices of opinion about current global issues and the most topical and innovative research in the area of international, cultural and political studies. That is why the IS publishes essays that vary in focus and methodology. In pursuit of the goal of continued excellence, we have inevitably been dependent on the contributions of our colleagues working in other disciplines, such as philosophy, communication and media, literature and anthropology.
The IS has generated a worldwide interest, and we have received good quality submissions from all over the world. We collect and publish articles to special thematic issues, but we also accept proposals which are not connected with our current call for papers. While editing most of such non-thematic issues, the operation of singling out articles form the pool of submissions has unfailingly revealed some surprising connections, which in another age might have elicited a Baudelairean awe of correspondence.
The journal’s content consists of two permanent parts: "Articles" and "Book Reviews," but we also welcome the readers’ comments and observations in the form of "Letters to the Editor" which present responses to the articles published in the IS. We hope that more contributions will also come, less formally, in the form of ideas for special issues or new features, along with information about new work, exciting new methodologies, and conference announcements, defined as broadly as possible. We are eager for such suggestions and wholeheartedly invite all our prospective contributors and readers to give us the benefit of his/her creative thinking about the future of our journal.
My mission as the editor is a clear one – to secure and maintain the IS's reputation as one of the preeminent journals of international cultural and political studies. It is a goal that I hope to achieve with the generous support of the Editorial Board. Yet, a task's clarity does not necessary make it easier to accomplish. It is my intention to avoid complacency either about the intellectual quality of our journal or, no less important, about what makes an article right for us to publish. One danger here is that we could miss a groundbreaking study or – more likely – an innovative but still speculative and risky new idea. I hope that anticipating such dangers will help to avoid them, especially if this editorial foreword can serve as a public announcement the IS intends to constantly expand its intellectual horizons, to redefine its scholarly profile, and to be bold on behalf of new forms of scholarly excellence. We will attempt never to lose our focus on international studies, but what "international studies" is, means and does in these first years of the new century has itself been part of the revolution in our field of scholarly endeavours.
Why subscribe and read?
- The IS journal publishes high-quality peer-reviewed articles from various fields form humanities and social sciences.
- All papers concern topical affairs in culture and politics.
- IS journal is interdisciplinary—it is dedicated to building bridges and creating synergies between different areas of scholarship, such as international relations, communication, anthropology, social and political geography, philosophy, literature, cultural studies, journalism, and mass media studies.
- IS journalprovides state-of-the-art research in those fields.
- The journal has international circulation.
- It is an effective channel for fast and far-reaching dissemination of research results.
- The reviewing and editing process is very swift.
- The contributors include scholars form many countries all over the world.
- The contributors can count on fast and constructive double blind peer-review by experts.
- The IS has been highly assessed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and has a reputation of a leading journal in political and cultural scholarship.
The review process is arranged by double blind system. Every text is subject to at least two reviews.
Review Form [PDF]
Open Access PolicyAll articles are published in Open Access and use open license CC BY-NC-ND (Attribution – Non-Commercial – No Derivative Works).
LICENSE TO PUBLISH
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.