About the Journal
Aims and Scope
The academic journal Folia Litteraria Rossica, belonging to the series Acta Universitatis Lodziensis, is affiliated at the Chair of Russian Literature and Culture. Re-launched in 2010 after a ten-years’ interval, it is issued yearly, in the parallel printed and electronic formats. Since 2013 the electronic edition is the primary one; it is published in https://czasopisma.uni.lodz.pl/litrossica.
The editorial board invites submissions of original, previously unpublished manuscripts. Alongside academic papers, the journal publishes reviews of academic works, as well as reports of conferences and symposia. The sent in materials are subjected to double-blind reviews by two independent specialists in a given field. The editorial board and scientific committee are comprised of scholars from various countries and the reviewing team is international as well.
Manuscripts can be submitted by the end of each calendar year. The language of contributions can be Russian or Polish.
The journal Folia Litteraria Rossica yearly publishes papers on Russian literature and culture, alongside articles devoted to translational issues connected with literary texts. Occasionally, works in the field of more broadly understood Slavic studies are accepted as well. The aim of the journal is to present research results by scholars specialising in Russian/Slavic studies from home and foreign academic centres, to foster the exchange of ideas and integrate the academic community.
The particular yearly issues of the journal are given a monographic character. Their subject matter revolves around “References to literary tradition”. The proposition of extensive and multidirectional research included in this formula invites the scholars to focus on those matters and issues in Russian literature (both old and contemporary) which inspire a timeless dialogue between authors belonging to various epochs, national literatures and cultures. The overarching topic entails assortment and inevitable selection from among the submitted articles, yet it encourages a deeper insight into a specific subject and guarantees a higher level of recognisability of our profile and of the contents of a particular issue for the Readership.
Amount of research and review articles which were published last year: 19
Journals scoring by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education: 70 (July 2023)
Publisher: Lodz University Press (website)
The manuscripts submitted by the authors are subject to a preliminary review by the editors with regard to formal aspects and scholarly merit. The editorial board decide in which issue to include the submitted article / review / report. The proposed papers should be in keeping with the journal’s philological-humanistic profile; furthermore, the texts should be original and inventive, they should significantly add to existing research. The editorial board reserve the right to edit the materials sent in. In the event of a negative or ambivalent publishing review, the text is submitted for another evaluation. Articles on which two negative opinions have been passed will not be accepted for publication in the given issue.
The authors of negatively assessed texts will be notified as soon as the reviews reach the editorial board.
Key points of the journal’s policy:
- To evaluate each submitted text, the Editorial Board appoint two independent reviewers from institutions other than the institution of the author.
- In the case of texts written in a non-native language, at least one reviewer is affiliated in an institution in a country other than that of the author’s nationality.
- The identity of the reviewed authors is not disclosed to reviewers, nor vice versa (double-blind peer review).
- The reviewers are appointed in such a way as to avoid any conflict of interest (COI; COI is understood as relations between the author and the reviewer: personal relations like kinship, legal relations, conflict, subordination in a workplace; direct scholarly co-operation in the period of two years preceding the reviewing process).
- The review must take a written form and must contain an unequivocal conclusion as to whether the manuscript should be accepted for publication or rejected.
- The rules of accepting and rejecting manuscripts are made publicly known on the journal’s website.
- The names of reviewers of particular contributions are not disclosed; once a year the journal announces a general list of reviewers for the given issue.
Open Access Policy
The basic license for publishing articles in the journal is CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Attribution – Non-Commercial Use – No Derivatives). At the author's request it is possible to publish it under the CC-BY (Attribution) license.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.