Winter 2020 Call for Papers
Australia"Climate, Crisis and Change" Call for Papers
Guest Editor: Joanna Siekiera, Ph.D
The 2020 winter IS volume will focus on the multiple crises that the world changes and their management from the perspective of the Pacific studies.
The editorial board invites submissions that present both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research from within international relations, public affairs, communication, anthropology, social and political geography, cultural studies and mass media studies, but focus on Australia and the Pacific Studies in general.
IS invites scholars, students, policy makers, media, practitioners, officials, NGO workers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to submit original research, both articles and short papers, interviews, essays and reviews on the significance of the crises and challenges that the region faces. The theme is multidisciplinary in nature and will cover the following topics (but will not be limited to):
- comparative perspectives on crisis management in the region
- role of race, gender, religion and/or ethics in crisis and its management
- crisis and social policies
- crisis management and exposure to risk, environmental hazards, and climate change
- crisis and environmental change
- groups at risk: marginalisation in the time of crisis
- trauma and resilience
- conflict resolution
- migration and crisis
- media representation of crisis and conflict
The deadline for submitting proposals (not more than 6500 words) is 1 December 2020.
For additional information you, contact us at: email@example.com